Saturday, March 26, 2011

Toyota dealer rip off in NY



After months of getting the runaround from this dealer I figured I should let other people know in case you or someone you know is planning on getting a car from this place.





In December of 2010 I purchased my 2nd vehicle from Interstate Toyota in Monsey NY( rockland county NY).

When I looked at the car I mentioned to the salesman that the rear suspension looks low he stated "Don't worry just make a appointment for service and well take care of it"

About 2 weeks after I paid top dollar for this car ( plus I paid extra for a bumper to bumper warranty) I went back to interstate Toyota service and told them that I have 2 issues with the car 1 that there is a technical bulletin for a transmission problem on this make & model so I wanted them to check if this was already done by the prior owner,

and 2 The rear suspension of the car was sitting very low.



After talking to the service manager she assured me that I was signing paperwork that if it's found that any of these problems are of my doing then I will have to pay $103.00 diagnostic fee.

After they kept me there for 4 hours they tell me that the bulletin was already taken care of, and that my car IS sitting lower then it should but because it is still within their measurement they will not replace it.

And then they had the guts to hit me with a $240.00 bill for diagnosing each item ($103.00 for each plus tax & miscellanies fee) when I refused to pay it the service manager became really nasty and immature and told me that I'm not getting my car back and then she just refused to talk to me (like a 5 year old).

I went in to the sales manager and he told me it's not his department and I was told to call this guy and that guy with no luck.

Until I went in to the showroom and caused a scene they finally released my car.

I emailed interstate Toyota and got all kind of responses but no followup. I then went to 3 different mechanics including a Toyota dealer and they all said that I need to replace my struts and springs so after getting the run around for 2 months I went and replaced them by a mechanic.

When I emailed interstate Toyota they told me to fax them the bill but again no followup just talk. Until I threatened to go public then all of a sudden I get a phone call from a Jim McMahon Stating that he is the owner of the company and he is going to take me to court over defamation e.t.c.

So I did what i should have done before I went there and goggled Interstate Toyota and found that I wasn't the first one they shafted every review I found had similar stories. here are some examples.


Quote:











Quote:











Quote:







On Mar 17, 2011, at


So I am reaching out to all these people and my attorney is going to file a class action.

so if you know any one in NY thinking of going to Interstate Toyota have them read some reviews first. thank you

Reply 1 : Toyota dealer rip off in NY



I've moved this to the Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, and Vendors forum. This way people looking for the good and the bad will find it and not just the Avalon owners.



There's a redirect in the Avalon forum for those that saw it and go looking for it again.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment