Friday, March 18, 2011

'05 Tacoma to Tundra



How many on here made the switch to Tundra from tacoma. I have had my tacoma now for 5 years and I haul a enclosed snowmobile trailer. The tacoma is supposed to be rated for 6500lb and I would like to see someone try to haul that in a tacoma. I love my tacoma when i am not hauling anything and I also I trade every 4 or 5 years and do not like getting the same vehicle twice. I am wondering how the tundra hauls. It hauls very well if you watch the commercials, but would like some real world comments.



BC (Black Arctic cat)

Reply 1 : '05 Tacoma to Tundra



I had a 2006 quad cab TRD Sport. It was a great truck. I pulled a 6x12 enclosed trailer with it. The only thing that I didn't like was all the gear hunting the automatic did. Drove me nuts.



I got a 2010 Rock Warrior and the 5.7 with the 4.30 to 1 rear end and the six spd auto do a heck of a job towing. I upgraded the trailer also to a 8.5x20 tandem axle trailer. The Tundra tows like a dream.




No comments:

Post a Comment