Tuesday, March 22, 2011

spark plugs



hi, I am going to do the spark plugs on my 05 with the water pimp,etc very shortly



I was wondering, what plugs should I use? stock or? seems that the bosh ones are causing problems. Suggestions?

Reply 1 : spark plugs



i was thinking the Bosch (4501) FGR8DQI Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plug, but people seem to be having problems with them in asian cars. Seems like denso or ngk might be the ones to get. suggestions?

Reply 2 : spark plugs



I would strongly advise against using Bosch plugs on anything with an internal combustion engine. Use some Denso plugs or NGK. As far as the water pump goes... The newer generation Avalons water pumps are very good quality and very seldomn have to be changed. If you still find you desire to change it, do yourself a favor and get a Toyota pump.

Reply 3 : spark plugs



i got the denso ones, thanks



is there a guide for putting them in at all?

Reply 4 : spark plugs



All new Avalon's come with NGK Iridium spark plugs. These are the highest quality you can get. I have run them 100K on other vehicles. Your owners manual will show replacement plug part numbers and my 2008 shows them to be the Iridium plugs.



http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment