Tuesday, March 22, 2011

plastic covers undercarriage



I think there is toyota engineering flaw on the plastic fasteners that hold down the plastic covers underneath the car. They get brittle and FALL OFF! No tech has never worked on the car but me. There is a total of 8 plastic screws that are missing and now are held up with plastic tie wraps or some say zip ties.



Do you guys have this issue? A what screw out there will secure it better? If not than I guess the zip tie will just do.



I have a 91 integra and the plastic screw design is better and much in tact.

Reply 1 : plastic covers undercarriage



Yes, and they're hard yo remove without breaking... I replaced them with 3/16" bolts and washers by threading the opening in the metal down in front with a 3/16" tap, and by using a nut to secure plastic panels together and on the wheel wells where I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment