Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dealership Reviews!



Ive had many requests for dealership reviews, so ive decided to devote an open sticky to allowing everyone to rate their experince with the service quality at their dealerships.

Ill leave it open for you to talk about your personal experience, but do please follow these guidelines



Name of servicing dealership;

Location of dealership:

Name of service advisor:

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience:

Work Performed:

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work:





and lastly, tell us personally how you were treated and how your camry was treated! was the car returned in better condition than when it came in? was it washed? was the work done correctly the first time? was the staff polite and helpful? were you given a loaner or a ride to home or work? was the work completed on time? was the cost of work too steep? etc



give as much feedback as you like! this will aid in helping other members find good, trustworthy dealerships!



Thanks!

-Corey




Reply 1 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership:Ira Toyota

Location of dealership:Manchester, NH

Name of service advisor:Mike Flynn

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience:8

Work Performed:TSB for Steering Wheel Flutter/Body Vibration and TSB for 6-speed transmission flare

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work:8





I have been pretty happy with the service dept at Ira. I have always been provided a rental when the work took more than a few hours. They fixed the vibration issue and the car feels more stable at highway speeds. They updated the ECU a few weeks ago but the flare did not go away. They kept the car overnight this time to check for the issue. The tech noted that flare was normal when cold. I will try one more time to get this fixed through them. Then I will need to get in touch with Toyota.

They don't wash or clean the car when you go in for service. That's ok with me. I don't need any more swirl marks in the paint.

Reply 2 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership: Rick Hendrick Toyota Scion

Location of dealership: Skibo Road, Fayetteville, NC

Name of service advisor: Various

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience: 9

Work Performed: TSB-0068-08, Scheduled Maintenance, XM Radio install

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work: 9



I'm using the dealership I purchased my Camry from for service, and so far I have been very happy. My XM Radio install was probably the best experience, it was done in less time than the original estimate, and the installer did a very professional job of routing the antenna. He called me into the bay to ask me where I wanted the antenna, they have a HUGE, brand new service bay, pretty nice setup. Scheduled maintenance was fine, and they gave me zero hassle about applying the ECM recalibration. I always get a call from a manager or rep a few days after service to ask me how things went and if I was fully satisfied. Prices are very reasonable, I could save a few dollars going somewhere else but I prefer taking my car to a dealership.



They give the car a quick wash after services, but I usually don't need it anyway. They also have free shuttle service available.

Reply 3 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership: Kent Brown, Toyota & Scion

Location of dealership: Upstate, NY

Name of service advisor: Various

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience: 9

Work Performed: regular service, body kit and TRD springs installed etc

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work: 9



Very easy to work with and very helpful to accommodate all my special requests (installation, reprogramming, even went out and got the oil I wanted etc). Only negative - did not find my strut assembly problem. Dealer in new home location (Toyota of Melbourne, FL) identified it and solved the issue. Maybe Kent Brown would have found the issue eventually.

Reply 4 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership: Power Toyota Irvine

Location of dealership: Irvine, California

Name of service advisor: Almost every one of them

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience: 2

Work Performed: Bunch of warranty work including brake squeeling, interior parts problems, body panels coming off, etc. (all were factory problems, but they just made everything worse)

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work: 1



On most visits, the service advisors and everyone there were very pleasant. Some were abrupt and didn't speak much, but they were not rude. However, the quality of work was abysmal at best. I visited them over 10 times and EVERY single time, there was something wrong with the quality of their work.



For example, when they attempted to fix a sunroof rattling problem, they made the following mistakes: didn't fit the interior roof liner on properly, both the passenger and driver side B-pillar covers were not on properly, because the covers were not on correctly the seatbelt sliders were stuck, the covers on the C-pillars were not put on properly and one fell off while driving, etc. Overall, I seriously have to question the competency of the service technicians and whether they are told to actually verify the quality of the work they perform.



One particular upside (although this is minor compared to the sheer number of visits I hate to make to the dealership due to their mistakes) is that they provide complimentary rental cars if the work performed exceeds one day and/or exceeds a certain cost. But at this point, I will NEVER EVER use them for getting any work done. I have wasted more money in gas than it was worth getting a free rental car.



On a side note, the sales people that I worked with were fairly pleasant (as far as salespeople go at least). They didn't screw me over on the price of the car and didn't push useless additions like interior protective sealants, paint protection crap, and extended warranties. If I had to rate them, I would say that the three salespeople I worked with so far were an average of 7 out of 10.

Reply 5 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership: Capitol Toyota

Location of dealership: San Jose, CA

Name of service advisor: Retard dude

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience:-2

Work Performed: Purchased car

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work: 2



I didnt have service but bought a car and had to let everyone know about this dealer. Their website had several used Certified Camrys I was interested in.

The 1st was a certified le. Exterior was perfect, took it for a ride it was flawless. opened up the hood and the radiator was pushed in like the prior owner hit a light pole hard! I asked the salesman if this was eveer in an accident and he said nope, perfect car fax. I opened up the hood and showed the guy the pushed in radiator. He said oh sh1t and said oh this car need to be serviced.

The second car which i bought was nice. 04 camry se 3mzfe. Dealer said this had a perfect car fax, never in a wreck. About 2 months later I noticed the drivers side rear door had weird weld spots. I took it to my friends auto body shop and said this car was in a wreck. Basterds.

Also the sales man said that all Certified Camrys have a special rate of 6%. I was like oh wow u full of it old man. anyways I bought the car heh.

Stay away from Capitol Toyota

Reply 6 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership: Piercy Toyota

Location of dealership: Milpitas, CA

Name of service advisor: Gill <something or other>

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience: -1

Work Performed: Oil Change (mostly maintenence) [1500 Mi Intervals]

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work: 5



I would say if it was maintenence it would be great if they didn't make any mistakes on the side of the mechanics. Everytime I go to get an oil change at any of the near by dealerships my car comes back with issues. And these are not even related to the oil changes, which makes me think -- if I never took my car over to piercy would my car not have new annoying sounds.



Each time I get an oil change, I come back to find my car have suspension noise issues (ie, RSB starts making noise when I drive across bumps like a thud towards the rear and it was in result that the bar becomes loose) Each time I have to go and retighten the RSB and surrounding bolts each time. Now if this was happening on a normal basis I wouldn't even blame them. But I've taken my car to other dealerships and this never happened. I went back this one time to speak to the rep and he tried to sell me a 60 dollar diagnosis telling me that it's state of the art. The service reps there think they are goddly and don't care about the customers. The dealerships sell equipment over priced for consumers. After this last recent time I was never going to go back and voiced my opinion over at yelp and to the service manager. I hope "gill" gets fired.

Reply 7 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership: Sunrise Toyota

Location of dealership: Oakdale, NY

Name of service advisor: Stephanie (original sales rep); Bob Bothman (salesman), Joe Maraza (finance manager)

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience: 8

Work Performed: Purchased car (signed July 3rd; Picked up on July 25th)

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work: N/A



I bought my 2009 Toyota Camry SE V6. I first went to Sunrise back in April to test drive both I4 and V6. I was leaning towards the I4 due to costs and MPG. I told Stephanie flat out that I was only test driving and not buying any time soon (was going to pay the car off in full when I had the money). She said OK, and brought out both the I4 and V6 for me to test drive. She answered all my questions. After test drive, we went back inside and of course, they crunched some numbers and Sales Director (Bruce) came and tried to push financing on me. I said "no, I'm not ready to purchase at this time" and eventually said OK and I left.



Couple months of thinking, I decided to finance the car instead of waiting until end of year to get car. Stephanie was off so I talked to Bob. Told him I wanted to test drive the V6 (by this time, the V6 was more logical as I have a heavy foot and just getting the I4 have the power off the line, I would be wasting just as much gas). So he let me take the black Camry SE V6 for a test drive without him sitting with me. Came back and started working out a deal. Gave some bullshit where he said he's only making $50 off the deal. If you're making $50, get a new job...but I knew he was lying. After some more haggling and him walking back and forth trying to get approval, we finally agreed on price and options. He didnt have the Magnetic Gray in stock so he said I would have to wait 1 week.



1 week passed and I called. Told me there is now an open window for delivery and takes 7 days. Also said it usually comes the first two days of open window. Another 7 days passed. Now I'm given that its in transit and to call back 7-10 days. Now, I'm getting annoyed. I wouldnt mind if they said, call me at the end of month or something but they kept giving me "call back in 7 days" and when I do call, they tell me to call back in 7 days. I called July 25th as it was the 11th day and no call. They said it should be in any day now. By 1pm after lunch with coworkers, I get a call from Joe, the finance manager. I get VIN#, call insurance company and go pick up car @ 5:30pm. Joe was very nice and helpful. Answered all my questions and showed me everything. After all papers were signed and car was all washed and stuff...I was officially driving the car off the lot by 6:30pm or so.



Got 3 free oil changes which I'll be using when I hit 1,000 miles, 2,000 miles and 5,000 miles.

Reply 8 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership: Scarborough Lexus Toyota

Location of dealership: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada

Name of service advisor: Stephen De Silva

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience: 8

Work Performed: TSB 0068-08. Driver side door knob replacement

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work: 8



I purchased 2009 Camry LE with Convenience package. I was thinking of upgrading from my 05 Corolla and wanted to get an idea of pricing and trade-in value.

I talked to the same guy that I bought my Corolla from. I guess I got a pretty decent deal. MSRP for LE with Convenience package, Freight-PDI, Ontario gas tax, A/C tax comes to $26,600. I got it for $23,700



There were a few walk-outs and the sales person kept on claiming that he wouldn't make $50 from this sale. He was telling me that just before me he sold the same car for MSRP (which was true because I spoke to that guy). Well, if someone is happy to pay extra price - how can I camplain



The car I wanted was on stock and I got it after 1 day.



Scarborough Lexus is a volume dealer and they are BUSY. If you go there and plan on bargaining - make sure that you do your homework first and get your numbers right. Salespersons are very polite and pleasant - but don't believe a single word they say!



The door knob on passenger side fell off the very next day I got the car. It was replaced under warranty without any question.



I also applied TSB 0068-08 (even though there wasn't much of a problem). That worked out fine as well - as soon as the magic word "hesitation" was mentioned.

Reply 9 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership; Cowboy Toyota

Location of dealership: Dallas, TX

Name of service advisor: Shellie

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience: 9 The customer waiting room needs to be refurbished. Looks like they had a twelve year old do the touch up paint work on the walls without masking anything.

Work Performed: Never any rework required if the problem was obvious. Had to show them the videos of my transmission flare to get it fixed. I'm not in very often nor is my wife, but they know us by name and the model driven. Nice touch.

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work:10

I recommend this dealership to anyone I know interested in a new Toyota. They might not be the place to go for a low ball price, but they will be there next year when you need service work. I always feel like I get a reasonable deal without having to fight.

Reply 10 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of service dealership: Northridge Toyota

Location of dealership: Northridge, California

Name of service advisor:All

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience:7 Overall the dalersip service is good, reason why it's 7 and not 10 is because they offer shuttle only one way. As such this creates hardship when you don't have anyone to drive you back when your vehicle is done. No loaner car is offered either.

work performed: Had oil change done(took 1 hour, no appointment). Also had warranty work done for window seal that was letting air in, they had to special order the part and will be bring vehicle in once they get that part.

Rating on 1-10 on quality of work:10, they seem to know exactly what is going and listen to customer which is always a big +. Overall this dealership is good, i just wished they would make shuttle both way instead of just one way(drop off)

Reply 11 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of Dealership: Gene Reed Toyota

North Charleston, SC



Sales Expeiernce on a scale of 1-10, it was a 10. Sold me the car for $100 over invoice, and they loacted exactly what I wanted. Had it there with the adds I wanted in 3 days,



Servive Expierence on a scale of 1-10, is a 10. I had to go back to have Sirius installed and they did it in a matter of a few hours. I have been back for the 5K and they changed the oil and rotated the tires in 20 minutes.



This is a new facility, very nice. They have high speed internet, and a cafe and several flat screen TV's.



Great place to do business.

Reply 12 : Dealership Reviews!




Quote:








Originally Posted by ruben of sj
View Post

Name of servicing dealership: Capitol Toyota

Location of dealership: San Jose, CA

Name of service advisor: Retard dude

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience:-2

Work Performed: Purchased car

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work: 2



I didnt have service but bought a car and had to let everyone know about this dealer. Their website had several used Certified Camrys I was interested in.

The 1st was a certified le. Exterior was perfect, took it for a ride it was flawless. opened up the hood and the radiator was pushed in like the prior owner hit a light pole hard! I asked the salesman if this was eveer in an accident and he said nope, perfect car fax. I opened up the hood and showed the guy the pushed in radiator. He said oh sh1t and said oh this car need to be serviced.

The second car which i bought was nice. 04 camry se 3mzfe. Dealer said this had a perfect car fax, never in a wreck. About 2 months later I noticed the drivers side rear door had weird weld spots. I took it to my friends auto body shop and said this car was in a wreck. Basterds.

Also the sales man said that all Certified Camrys have a special rate of 6%. I was like oh wow u full of it old man. anyways I bought the car heh.

Stay away from Capitol Toyota



The person you should be mad at is Car Fax, perhaps the dealer didn't know that the car was wrecked? They were at fault for missing the damaged radiator.



Carfax is crap, marketing hype. I prefer www.autocheck.com it is the one that the dealers use, and the largest auto auctions as well. Better buy back as well.



Sorry to hear about your car.

Reply 13 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership: Charles Maund Toyota

Location of dealership: Austin TX

Name of service advisor: Rob

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience:8

Work Performed:Various, warranty work and service on my 07 Camry and 05 Tundra

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work:8



Have always been easy to work with and reasonable in their prices. I have taken my car in for a transmission fluid swap, warranty work (did a break job for free), alignment, and other minor repairs. I have never felt they were trying to upsell me things I did not need, and have always been flexible and dependable.

Reply 14 : Dealership Reviews!



Name of servicing dealership: Norwalk Toyota

Location of dealership: Norwalk, CA

Name of service advisor: Robert

Rating on a 1-10 scale of overall dealership and staff experience: 8

Work Performed: Passenger side doors, pillar, door handle, and motor for power window (accident)

Rating on a 1-10 scale of quality of work: 9



I got in a accident (BMW hit me) and toook it there and they fixed it well. Good customer serivce, Robert is a nice guy. Actually he told me it was going to be done Wednesday but was done Friday, but its ok because I wanted them to take their time on my car. Transaction went smooth, but if your getting a rental car it is kind of a bitch. They have a Enterprise on site, but their lot is small so sometimes you have to go across the street to pickup or drop off the car. Oh and Norwalk and Penske toyota in Downey are the only 2 Toyota dealers with a certified collision shop in Socal I believe...So if your not paying for the repairs done because some jerk off hit you, then take it here for free quality service by REAL toyota body shop techs. Other Toyota dealers without the Certified Collision center will just send your car to some local body shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment