Friday, March 18, 2011

Rear Video Input - no sound through speakers



Hi Everyone,



I have a 2005 Sienna XLE. When I plug my Video player into the Rear Entertainment System (the RCA plugs back by the 3rd row seat, I can see the video on the screen, I can hear the audio in the headphones, but I can not find a way to get the audio onto the car speakers!



If I play a DVD in the Rear Entertainment System, I can toggle the audio from the wireless headphones to the car speakers by pushing the DISC button on the radio in the dash board. But when I'm using that reat video input, it seems tha tthe audio will ONLY go through to the headphones.



My dealer recomended I look for the RSE (rear seat entertainment) option by pushing the "TUNE" button on the radio until that option comes up, but it doesnt. I get Base, Treble, Balance, Fade, Surround.



On the on-screen dislpay of the DVD player/ screen, it will show me that the "Source" is video, then at the bottom, it tells me the "Speakers" are set to CD/ch. I can't seem to get them to change to video...



Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ethan-

Reply 1 : Rear Video Input - no sound through speakers



I just bought a used 2008 Sienna and I'm having the same problem. Pretty amazing that this doesn't work considering how much these systems cost and how basic this functionality is.



I'm going to try using a patch cable to go from headphone out jack to the aux in jack on the dash.



Anyone else solve this?

Reply 2 : Rear Video Input - no sound through speakers



Unfortunately this is by design. We had this discussion back in 2004 on Siennaclub.org and unfortunately that was the conclusion.

Reply 3 : Rear Video Input - no sound through speakers



Thanks for your post Step280!



You forgot the (bad) that goes along with this kind of decision. =)



It's by (bad) design.



But I can't see how anyone would actually design it this way, so it's really a problem they never fixed. It is frustrating that you had this discussion when the car hit the market in 2004, and my 2008 still has this problem. Car companies are so slow on tech and customer feedback.



If they did "design" it this way on purpose, I'd like to hear the argument as to why.

No comments:

Post a Comment