Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Replacing 17" wheels with 16" 2010XR



Hello...has anyone put 16" rims on the 2010 Matrix XR. I'd like to mount 16 snow tires on steel rims for the winter but the dealer is not very helpful - said it probably won't fit. Anyone know for sure??

Reply 1 : Replacing 17" wheels with 16" 2010XR




Quote:








Originally Posted by brandy99
View Post

Hello...has anyone put 16" rims on the 2010 Matrix XR. I'd like to mount 16 snow tires on steel rims for the winter but the dealer is not very helpful - said it probably won't fit. Anyone know for sure??



I have the 2010 XR AWD which normally comes with 16" wheels, but I got the Touring package which provides 17" Alloys.



Based on that, 16" wheels should fit your 2wd XR. If I am not mistaken, 16" steel rims should be standard on your vehicle, and like me, you probably have the upgraded Touring package with 17" rims.



I put 16" steel rims with snow tires on my XR AWD and they fit fine.



However, some steel rims vary, so it still would be prudent to have your tire shop test fit a set first to see if they clear the brake calipers.



Hope this helps.

Reply 2 : Replacing 17" wheels with 16" 2010XR



Thanks, I'll give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment