Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Headlights turning on/off



If I jiggle the switch around or on/off they'll come on, but the behavior seems kinda random. Do I need to replace the switch on the steering column, can I open it up and clean it out, or could this be a problem with the relay?



Also, does anyone know what the little plastic clip that the upper headlight adjustment screw goes into is called?

Reply 1 : Headlights turning on/off



Most likely it's the steering column switch, which Toyota calls the combination switch.

Check here for some troubleshooting info.

Reply 2 : Headlights turning on/off



just replace it !!





.

Reply 3 : Headlights turning on/off



Thanks for the link, it looks great! I think I'll try fixing it first and spend the $100+ on a new harness and the H4 conversion.

Reply 4 : Headlights turning on/off




Quote:








Originally Posted by thaharlequin
View Post

Thanks for the link, it looks great! I think I'll try fixing it first and spend the $100+ on a new harness and the H4 conversion.



You're welcome, "just replace it" is the easy way out, and the money saved can be put to better use elsewhere.

Reply 5 : Headlights turning on/off



Definitely! It's not my dd, but one of the headlights is cracked anyway, and I could definitely use the extra light.

No comments:

Post a Comment